segunda-feira, 2 de maio de 2016

Nick DeCosemo @ Dance Music 101

Nick DeCosemo is the Global Editorial Director with Mixmag Media.


Life: when was the moment you figured out that Dance Music was meant to you?

Not sure there was ever a definitive moment. I just kept hanging around having the time of my life, waiting for the day I grew out of all this nonsense. Still no sign of that happening any time soon!


Laugh: when was the last time you had real fun?

Every day in the Mixmag office. I'll have at least three genuine belly laughs. I am blessed and I never forget it.


Love: name the one thing you love more than anything – and why is that?

My magical kimono from my girlfriend's clothing brand Dacoit London. I love her almost as much as the clothes she makes for me.


Past: name a significant moment in your career in Dance Music – and why is that?

I was in a electronic outfit called Freeform Five a number of years from around 1998-2006. After having some relative success we took a break and I found myself wondering what to do next. I was working as freelance journalist when one of my friends told me that Mixmag were looking for an editor. I hadn't even considered it! I applied last minute and got the job. And almost ten years later, here we are. I still make music and love doing that – but I'd never change my day job.


Present: what do you think that is trending today in music, clubs and festivals?

Boutique, multi-venue, destination festivals like SXMusic in The Caribbean (of which, for full disclosure, I am a founder member so little biassed!) or BPM In Mexico are definitely on the rise Flash tattoos are fun new trend. Flash Factory is a new club New York that's bringing a bit of the classic 90s NYC club vibe back to Manhattan. And – Lord have mercy – drones seem to be everywhere.


Future: where is industry heading in the years to come?

Not really sure I can predict that. Things are moving very fast and so exciting to see different parts of the world embrace this culture that we all love so much. I guess my one wish would be that things become better, not just bigger.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário