segunda-feira, 14 de março de 2016

Tommy Vaudecrane @ Dance Music 101

Tommy Vaudecrane is the President of Technopol (Paris Electronic Week & Paris Techno Parade)

Life: when was the moment you figured out that Dance Music was meant to you?

This was in the early 90’s. I listened to a mix tape of hard electronic dance music and I knew this was for me. It was then confirmed a few weeks later by the first rave I attended to in the summer of 1992. Since then, my life is dedicated to electronic music.

Laugh: when was the last time you had real fun?

Last week-end when I played in an underground electronic music event. I just love sharing nice moments, playing in front of a hysterical crowd. This is some of the best fun I have on a regular basis.

Love: name the one thing you love more than anything – and why is that?

My wife, Sophie, she supports me since 14 years in my professional electronic music adventure. We work together, have fun together, solve problems and I would probably not be where I am now without her.

Past: name a significant moment in your career in Dance Music – and why is that?

Two significant moments actually:

Artistic: 1997, with the creation of my group BudBurNerZ, with who we produced 6 albums, 19 EP’s and played in some of the best hard electronic music stages and events.

Politic: In 2001 when I joined the board of Technopol association. This was my first commitment for the scene, entering the political lobby and business part of things, and trying to make the scene better for all the players and the future generations of artists, labels, promoters, etc.

Present: what do you think that is trending today in music, clubs and festivals?

Diversity! We see more and more “niche” styles entering big festivals and events. The spirit of electronic music lives in diversity. Tomorrowland 2016 hosting a Hardcore stage for the first time; this is the diversity of electronic music! France is seeing techno music as one of the biggest genres of the last 5 years and EDM did not cross our borders yet. The transformation of the French scene is one of the most interesting and promising.

Future: where is industry heading in the years to come?

Bigger, better, stronger! Even if the business has been around for more than 20 years, we are seeing an explosion of electronic music in the world and the tidal wave is getting bigger and bigger. Future should enable artists to live from their passion, not depend on charts, youtube plays and facebook fans. Creating a strong and sustainable ecosystem where art and creation are the key word and not only profit and image.

The future is in the hands of next generations, they will decide how they want to shape the electronic music market!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário