segunda-feira, 21 de março de 2016

Katy Ellis @ Dance Music 101

Katy Ellis is with Anglo Management, UK.

- Life: when was the moment you figured out that Dance Music was meant to you?

That’s easy, I was 17 and a gang of us went to a weekender in Wales and I heard Kariya Baby Let Me Love You For Tonight,
I knew I was about to be a part of something special and that everyone on that dance floor was my friend and we were all in on to something that was going to change our lives.

- Laugh: when was the last time you had real fun?

I have a lot of fun, yesterday, with my friends having sunday lunch, we laughed a lot. If we’re talking about going out raving then I had a lot of fun at Seth Troxlers party at Tobacco Dock, Harvey playing in the car park was amazing, the car park is one of the best rave rooms in London.

- Love: name the one thing you love more than anything – and why is that?

I love so many things, my friends and family though it has to be… My job comes very, very close though!

- Past: name a significant moment in your career in Dance Music – and why is that?

Crikey, there have been so many, right now we are very proud to have Pete Tong sell out the 02 in London with his Ibiza Classics Orchestra show, that is real moment for Team Tong, I went surfing in Cornwall with Norman Cook & team Southern Fried Records to celebrate Elton John’s “Are You Ready For Love" going to No. 1 in the UK charts. Fatboy Slim at the Amex Stadium in Brighton, the great time we had with Armand Van Helden, scoring hits. Being on the team for Moby’s album “play” my mum and dad have got the triple platinum disc on their toilet wall. These moments all contribute to the deeper understanding of how our wonderfully crazy world works.

- Present: what do you think that is trending today in music, clubs and festivals?

I think that the time is coming for a more disco sound with added vocals, we have been a few years in the trenches of deep house, people will need a change.

- Future: where is industry heading in the years to come?

For even more change, it’s all one big experiment, the landscape is unclear, it would be amazing if services and content providers could solve rights issues so that we had the ultimate worldwide dance music platform that delivered streaming, downloads, broadcast and social.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário