segunda-feira, 29 de fevereiro de 2016

Xanthe Fuller @ Dance Music 101

Xanthe Fuller is with Mixcloud as Head of Community

Life: when was the moment you figured out that Dance Music was meant to you?
The moment I figured out I could pull the best dance moves to it. I love throwing my hands in the air to a big chorus.

Laugh: when was the last time you had real fun?
Always. I’m very lucky like that. But ADE was my last period of extended fun. We danced to Black Coffee in a room with 10 people in it and really let loose. That was great.

Love: name the one thing you love more than anything – and why is that?
Dancing. And receiving massages. Those are two of the only things I love that aren’t bad for me.

Past: name a significant moment in your career in Dance Music – and why is that?
I produced Pete Tong’s show on BBC Radio 1. It was great getting to know the breadth of his taste in music off air, and seeing how incredibly passionate he still is about dance music despite having worked in it for years.

Present: what do you think that is trending today in music, clubs and festivals?
There seems to be a rise in African-influenced house music which I think is a great thing. The African sounds and rhythms are adding a new bit of interest and originality to the good old 4/4 beat.

Future: where is industry heading in the years to come?
With mix hosting sites like Mixcloud allowing bedroom DJs from around the world a more global reach, hopefully this introduction of fresh influences and cultures will produce some exciting new sounds, collaborations and movements. As the net is cast wider and more people are given access to the industry I’m pretty positive about where it is heading creatively.




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário