segunda-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2017

Chiara Belolo @ Dance Music 101

Chiara Belolo, 28, started her career in electronic music in 2009, when she got a job as Business affairs at Sirup Music, EDX’s entertainment company. She experienced artist and event management, music publishing all while touring the world with renowned DJs. Currently Chiara is the in charge of the international development at Scorpio Music - www.scorpiomusic.fr -, an independent record label based in Paris founded in 1976 by Henri Belolo.

-Life: when was the moment you figured out that Dance Music was meant to you?


Probably when I figured that being a lawyer was not for me ;-)

I must have been 19 years old, and I was going out a lot when I got my first “weekend job” opportunity as a Tour Manager in Switzerland for famous DJs. Since then I have been enjoying all the travel involved with my job.

- Laugh: when was the last time you had real fun?


I have fun all the time! It’s really important to appreciate life’s little things and not take anything seriously. Especially in a stressed hyperconnected world where you receive so many e-mails daily…just laugh it off!

- Love: name the one thing you love more than anything – and why is that?

The one thing I love more than anything is my family. It’s really important to keep balance in life and family allows me to reach that. And I love that my family is involved in my career as well. My son attended his first IMS in Ibiza when he wasn’t even 1, and last year at just 2 years old he rocked his first ADE in Amsterdam :) Also, working for an independent family run record label kinda puts together my two passions, family and music. I am very lucky!

- Past: name a significant moment in your career in Dance Music – and why is that?

I am still young, however I have had a few significative moments every time I got a new job. All the experiences I have had helped me being the person I am today. My first real job was at Sirup Music (Sirup runs Pinkstar Records among other labels). Working side by side daily with EDX, who owns it, taught me so much! Then the day my husband offered me a job position at Scorpio Music - after being a full-time mom for a while - was a challenge I welcomed gladly. Not only are we able to work together without fighting, but we also have stuff to talk about at night because we take care of different sides of the business.

- Present: what do you think that is trending today in music, clubs and festivals?


Today there are so many songs released that use samples from past HITs, but I appreciate artists that take risks musically and get successful on their own ideas. I am a huge fan of Major Lazer since 2008 when I first saw them live in Paris…and we just signed this new artist Willy William at Scorpio who also has this total different touch to his music, it’s super catchy!

- Future: where is industry heading in the years to come?

The fun thing about music is that nobody can really tell where it’s going to go for sure. I wish I could, then I could be the most successful A&R in the world haha. Jokes aside, I believe we will have some revival…I heard disco is coming back! Let’s see.
Aside that I hope that we will have more meaningful lyrics. Through music you can reach so many people, I would love some important or educating messages to be thrown out there for the youth…

I am also a huge underground techno fan at heart, and I am glad that the scene is growing so much and hopefully will continue so. I mean, look at what Warung has become in Brazil. Everyone is talking about it all over the world!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário