segunda-feira, 29 de agosto de 2016

Alex Jukes @ Dance Music 101

Alex Jukes is the founder and CEO of Jukebox PR, a London based PR company that works with a carefully chosen selection of underground house and techno DJs, producers and labels to help launch, develop or grow them across European print and press, on and offline media. Jukebox also works with some of the most prestigious festivals, venues and conferences in the world.

Life: when was the moment you figured out that Dance Music was meant to you?

I was still at University in Coventry and a couple of my friends took me to a club called Carey’s. This was the 1st time I heard dance music properly and loved it. The next week I got a job working for the club on the promotions team and have never looked back since.

Laugh: when was the last time you had real fun?

This job is all about having fun and meeting new people. The last time I properly let my hair down was at the Rio Carnival this year. I was with a wicked group of mates and could switch off from work and just enjoy where I was and what was going on.

Love: name the one thing you love more than anything – and why is that?

I love Tottenham Hotspurs football team more than anything… They are the best team on the planet. Hahaha!!!


Past: name a significant moment in your career in Dance Music – and why is that?

I think that was when I first lived in Ibiza for the season back in 2009. It opened up my mind to different types of electronic music and was where I got to network and meet so many people in the industry who I still work with today.

Present: what do you think that is trending today in music, clubs and festivals?


I work with over 30 different festivals around the world and I love the fact that each of them try to have their own personality whether it be the line-up, the production, the vibe or the location… Festival are now taking places in some amazing locations around the world.

Future: where is industry heading in the years to come?

I think it will continue to grow and grow. The last few years have been a great time for Electronic music and more and more people are getting in to it which can only be a positive thing.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário