segunda-feira, 25 de julho de 2016

Rogier van Twuijver @ Dance Music 101

Rogier van Twuijver is the founder of Dance Consultant, which advises artists and companies that are interested in the Dance Music Industry and, after many years of working in the international dance industry managing DJ/Producers and taking a part in successful events like Audio Obscura, he decided it was time for Dance Education and then partnered up with The School of House, an educational platform for Dance Culture founded by Jan Maarten Hartong, alongside with Frank Klein and Victor Coral.


Life: when was the moment you figured out that Dance Music was meant to you?

The first track of which I realized I was listening to trance music was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR81-VT3kj8 Nikolai – Ready to flow. I was a rock fan by heart, but my room mate and best friend Jeroen de Wit played this record each morning, so this changed my music taste for sure. A couple years later, Jeroen Fontein, Eelke Kleijn and Jerry van Schie taught me all about progressive house and then my life changed forever.


Laugh: when was the last time you had real fun?

That was last week, when I celebrated the wedding of a good friend, surrounded by friends, with our loved ones. The greek philosopher Epicurus says that the most important life is to life a self sufficient life surrounded by friends – and he is right. That’s why I have friends and real fun happening almost every week I guess.


Love: name the one thing you love more than anything – and why is that?

I love doing the things I love doing the most. This is the reason the love of my life came into my life as well, my lovely girl Sanne.


Past: name a significant moment in your career in Dance Music – and why is that?

After years of managing DJ producers and organizing dance events with Audio Obscura, I decided to make a career move. I work for The School of House now and we educate dance industry professionals. Instead of pushing artists or dance events, I’m currently trying to make our industry more professional, in order to give something back to a scene that gave so much in the past already.


Present: what do you think that is trending today in music, clubs and festivals?

There is so much happening at the moment, so much of everything that I can’t tell the trends. But with the streaming of music itself and the online coverage of the international festivals there is house music everywhere. Dance music became so big that everyone is trying to create his own unique environment in it’s own style and with it’s own following. That’s not how house music once started: House is a feeling, not a concept.


Future: where is industry heading in the years to come?

The dance industry became a main genre in the music industry already, which makes it a significant part of the general economic environment itself. Dance is one of the main export products of The Netherlands and I’m sure other countries will follow. The blend of the dance industry and other industries will be complete soon: We have an office in A’DAM Tower in Amsterdam, here you see it happening: Companies like Gibson, ID&T, Sir Adam hotel, Look Out, MADAM club and all kind of creative agencies are present in this one tower, all working together like equals.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário