segunda-feira, 6 de março de 2017

Mark Ursa @ Dance Music 101

Mark Ursa was born in Belgium and he soon caught the virus of House Music, moving to Ibiza where he started his career of DJ in the early 2000’s being the first Belgian DJ to get a residence of a party in that town. Since 2006, Mark Ursa shares his time between several cities in Brazil, Miami, Las Vegas and Ibiza, playing in major superclubs and festivals around the world.

Life: when was the moment you figured out that Dance Music was meant to you?


I think that Dance Music really took a big place in my life 20 years ago when I decided to move to Ibiza. Before that, I organized few electronics parties, but also fashion events and marketing actions for brands (Bacardi, Playboy, MTV, ...). As DJs, I was just warming up my nights. This year I organized the model contest (New Face Top Model) in Amnesia for the famous agency Elite Model. After my first season in Ibiza, I decided to devote myself totally to electronic music. The next year in Ibiza, I was already organizing my own electronic parties at Privilege Ibiza, which was the biggest club in the world at the time, and I also got a weekly residency as a DJ every Sunday.

Laugh: when was the last time you had real fun?

I had real fun when I played at a Holi festival in my city, in Belgium. I don't often to Belgium so when I come back a few days, all my friends come to see me (which 'are completely nuts hahaha) and it always ends up like the movie "The hangover", often much worse... We Belgians, we are revelers, we love life, and we don't have too many limits when we are partying!!!

Love: name the one think you love more than anything – and why is that?

There are 2 things I love more than anything... my daughter and my life. My daughter, because it's a true and pure love, it's my blood. My life because I'm happy and I do everything I love. I worked, fought and risked a lot to be happy today. I didn't always have a dream life, I went through very difficult times too. That's why my life today, my happiness, my work are more important than anything.

Past: name a significant moment in your career in Dance Music – and why is that?

I went to the army for 10 years (from my 16 till 26 years old). I was in anti-aircraft commandos in a Belgian military base in Germany. In parallel, I organized parties on weekends. It was not the life I wanted, especially at this time because there were several wars (Somalia, Rwanda, Yugoslavia, ...) where we were sent as blue berets (peacekeepers) or for the Protection and repatriation of civilians as in Zaire. So the first event of Dance music important for me was a party that I organized in a Belgian club called Studio 411 and which made me earn good money for the first time. I realized that "maybe" i can live only with my second job (who was a hobby at this time), and i decided to take the risk of leaving the army and starting a new life. This decision has changed my life.

Present: what do you thing that is trending today in music, clubs and festivals?

The music has changed in the last 2 years and comes back to what we were doing 10/15 years ago, like House, Tech House and Techno. I am even sure that Trance will also come back strong this year. It's a good change, THANKS GOD, hahaha. I think club culture is almost dead, killed by festivals. Only the quality clubs survive, and it's the same for the festivals I think. It's a pity because there is nothing warmer than a small club with good music. But unfortunately today, it's not enough for a club to have good music to survive.

Future: where is industry heading in the years to come?

This is really difficult to say because industry moves a lot and every year. The positive point is the Electronic music become also "pop" (Special thanks to David Guetta), that mean this brings a recognition of all musical styles, and a bigger audience of fans, and by the consequences, it brings also budgets and a lot of opportunities. Dance Music will grow up much more I think.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário