segunda-feira, 20 de março de 2017

Francois Lebaron @ Dance Music 101

Francois Lebaron is the co-founder and partner of the AIM Montreal Electronic Music Festival in Canada.

- Life: when was the moment you figured out that Dance Music was meant to you?

At 13 years old I started a mobile disco with a friend which had quite a good success. We were buying dance records almost every week, playing in weddings, school parties and private parties. I just fell in love with DJ-ing. Later on, at 16, I stopped buying dance records and started to buy techno records and that was it, I was in the loop!

- Laugh: when was the last time you had real fun?

I played at a private event a few weeks ago and ended up playing 10 hours! That was real fun!

- Love: name the one thing you love more than anything – and why is that?

My parents. They’ve always been there for me no matter what.

- Past: name a significant moment in your career in Dance Music – and why is that?

When I signed my first record deal with Warner Music Canada in 2001. This deal allowed me to put out an album with Swedish producer Håkan Lidbo as well as other releases. For me, that was huge and the beginning of a lot of other significant moments.

- Present: what do you think that is trending today in music, clubs and festivals?

Definitely festivals are trending. The ‘'Experience'' is the new word to use. But, music wise, the movement is coming back to the roots. Since music sales are no longer relevant, artists need to be real good and perform shows to get fans. It's a whole different business now.

- Future: where is industry heading in the years to come?

The upcoming path is difficult to predict but I feel that ''synergy'' is a cutting edge way to expand projects, music, partnerships and success for yourself and the industry. It feels great to collaborate, exchange ideas and strengths. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário