segunda-feira, 10 de outubro de 2016

Peter van Galen @ Dance Music 101

Peter van Galen is the founder and president of Earproof, a leading company in The Netherlands, founded in 2003, and which main focus is the hearing protection in the music industry.


- Life: when was the moment you figured out that Dance Music was meant to you?

Very early 1985 – I was sitting in the back of Parkzicht Rotterdam and for the first time in my life I heard: Slave to the rhythm by Grace Jones. As stoned as I was – I walked to the empty dance floor and just listened to this track.


- Laugh: when was the last time you had real fun?

I try to have fun every single day, I can laugh with my children, I laugh a lot when I am surfing with friends and most of the time when I travel around the world I like to make fun with new friends.


- Love: name the one thing you love more than anything – and why is that?

Must name three or as one it’s my family, my two boys and Marianne.


- Past: name a significant moment in your career in Dance Music – and why is that?


Launching the www.freefloat.net product in combination with the Shure white label cartridge and the Xone series at Dance Valley, having a backstage area for the DJ’s with the latest technology, great food by the @kookvogels.


- Present: what do you think that is trending today in music, clubs and festivals?

Listening to vinyl records and finding out where it all started. Youth discovers the EDM kind of dance music and will be attracted by this music, at a sudden moment they will hear different kind of genres, in my ears it is all dance music, or as we heard over the last days in ADE developed disco music. I believe the dancing as one on the floor makes people strong and brings a unity feeling.


- Future: where is industry heading in the years to come?

We have now two types of dance, large scale events with a lot of entertainment value, CO2 cannons, large sound systems, confetti, visuals and fireworks – and music festivals. I see a constant change of collaborations and I am pleased to see a producer like Henrik Schwarz is working with the Dutch metropole orchestra.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário