segunda-feira, 3 de outubro de 2016

Lee Morrison @ Dance Music 101

Lee Morrison is the Managing Director of Seaside Music Group – a new music venture which is an extension to an established recording studio in Brighton, running both a label and 360 services company. Morrison is the ex-GM of Believe Digital UK, where he spent six years before leaving in June.

- Life: when was the moment you figured out that Dance Music was meant to you?
From an early age I was always into music with a 4/4 beat but after leaving home at 16 I eventually found myself at a huge rave in the north of England, from that moment on I knew dance music was meant for me.

- Laugh: when was the last time you had real fun?
Last weekend at the closing of Space in Ibiza, after frequenting the club for the last 23 years it was an emotional yet amazingly funny night at their final ever closing party.

- Love: name the one thing you love more than anything – and why is that?
My family for obvious reasons… 

- Past: name a significant moment in your career in Dance Music – and why is that?
There really are too many to specify one moment but I do remember many years ago the first time I was invited to speak at ADE, at that point I really thought that I had finally started to see all of my hard work paying off, another notable was being voted onto the AFEM exec board last year, being voted on by my peers was a special time for me.

- Present: what do you think that is trending today in music, clubs and festivals?
I think it depends on where in the world you are, there are different trends in different countries / continents especially in emerging markets… For me trends mean very little, it’s all about the smaller clubbing experience with a more intimate vibe…


- Future: where is industry heading in the years to come?
I think the industry moves in circles, kids will continue to want to dance and people always want to make music and DJ. Electronic in whatever form will continue to be the number one dance floor music, I think the only thing that changes is the popular form of electronic music at that time
… 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário